20 Oct Successful Website Redesign
Your website is a critical marketing tool. Redesigning your site to reflect your current brand and to help you achieve your business goals is an exciting and fun process, but as with any project, it’s good to have a plan. Here’s what we recommend:
- Define goals. What do you want to get out of the new site? Set specific and attainable goals such as: increase site visitors, increase lead generation, increase sales, grow enewsletter database, etc.
- Evaluate current site. Think about what is working and what’s not. What content, images, and blog posts do you want to keep. Doing this will help define areas for improvement on your new website.
- Define user groups and their needs. Define your target audiences and the action you’d like them to take on your website. Also take into consideration any feedback you have received from them about the usability of your site.
- Use analytics for planning. Review your site analytics and use the data to help plan and structure your new site. Which pages are most frequently visited? Which pages have the highest bounce rates?
- Competitive analysis + best practices. Take a look at what your competition is doing. How are their sites structured? What do you like? What type of content are they using on their site? What marketing strategies are they using? How are their search rankings? This information will help inform your website strategy.
- Create a site map and wireframes. These tools are your site’s blueprints, they outline navigation and plan the layout for the home page and internal pages.
- Make it responsive. Consumers spend an increasing amount of time on their smartphones so it’s important to build a website that is optimized for viewing on any device.
- Measure your results. Once the site is live it’s important to make sure it’s meeting the goals you set in step one. Small adjustments may need to be made to optimize performance.
Need a new website?
If you’re ready to refresh your website, let us know. We’re happy to facilitate this process for you and love developing websites that are not only attractive, but also get the job done.
View some of our recent web work: